Friday, September 2, 2016

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 3rd September 2016

Where did my week go ?  I know I've been busy but I can't remember what I was busy doing.  There's always housework,  cooking,  baking,  food shopping and the general tidy up.  Here's what else I got up to -

*  I made four trays of zucchini slice using zucchinis bought last week for $1.49kg.  Two trays were cut up into single portions and frozen.  Yes I used both ovens at the same time.

*  Picked and juiced lots of lemons from our tree.  The juice was frozen into ice cube trays.

*  Diluted a new bottle of white vinegar by 50%.  This is used for cleaning and making Miracle Spray.

*  Started drying the washing on clothes horses again.  Now that my home is back to normal by about 95%,  I have the room to put them over the heating vents.

*  Froze three leftover portions of chicken curry and two of chop suey.

*  Lined my bathroom bin using recycled bread bags.

*  Made another 8 cards to sell ( very soon ).

*  Made a double batch of pumpkin scones using cooked pumpkin from the freezer.  Most of the scones were frozen for morning teas.

*  Fed a few broccoli stalks and leaves to the chickens.  Unfortunately most of my broccoli went to seed while my kitchen was being built.  Not wanting it to go to waste I thought the chickens might like a feed.

*  Saved the shower and washing machine water.

*  Recycled and reused lots of plastic shopping bags and freezer bags for different uses around the home.

*  Made a couple of fridge magnets to hang the family calendar on the fridge.  I used magnetic strips saved from an old fridge seal from years ago and some card making bling.  Before the kitchen renos the calendar hung on the wall under the clock.

*  Made the most of Vista Print having a 50% off sale and ordered business cards for my blog.  I also ordered a couple of stamps that say " Handmade by Wendy " etc for the cards I make.

*  Gratefully received a free mobile phone from Telstra in the mail.  It's all to do with the network upgrades.  This saves me buying a new phone in a couple of years.

*  I purchased a new dishwasher control panel and fitted it myself.  The part cost $77 but  I saved at least $200 - $250 on a call out fee if I'd rung the company to fit it for me.


Lemon season
Double ovens in use - zucchini slice
Peach tree blossoms
Chicken curry
Spring growth on the feijoa tree
21 years of marriage on Friday

How frugal were you this week ?    

No comments:

Post a Comment