Friday, September 9, 2016

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 10th September 2016

Spring has sprung and I'm just busting to get out in the garden.  As soon as the weather brightens up a little I'll be out there almost every day pulling weeds and planting our Spring veggie garden.  Thankfully with all the renos making a mess in our home,  I've wiped and cleaned everything as I put things back in place.  This will free me up for outdoor activities.  Here's what I got up to this week -

*  I cleaned the dishwasher using bi carb and white vinegar.  I also cleaned the kettle using citric acid.

*  Stocked up on Pinocleen disinfectant at half price for $2.49 a 1.25 litre bottle.

*  Made lemon slice for a family afternoon tea.  I used lemons from our tree and sweetened condensed milk I'd made.

*  Made four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.  Yes,  I used both ovens at the same time.  So quick and easy to bake in bulk.

*  We had lots of electrical work done on our home on Wednesday.  While the power was off I used the time to cut out images to make men's birthday cards.

*  Dried all the washing on the clothesline and clotheshorses.

*  Picked silverbeet from the garden for a couple of meals.

*  Froze one leftover portion of tuna casserole and three of mince pasta bake.  Soon I'll have enough frozen leftovers to write them into the menu plan.

*  Saved lots of shower and washing machine water for each next load.

*  Continued to feed the chickens handfuls of grass each day and a broccoli head ( gone to seed ) every few days

*  Diluted the dishwashing liquid and refilled the pump.

*  Gratefully received lots of bread bags.  I turned them inside out,  decrumbed them and dried them on a clotheshorse outside.  They'll be used for bin liners and for flouring chicken drumsticks.

*   Stayed away from the shops as much as possible.  I haven't been well since Tuesday night so Darren and Jessica ducked up to the shops for milk,  carrots and tomatoes.

*  I needed to go to the city with Megan on Tuesday.  I took bottles of water and muesli bars to save a little money on food.

*  Kept the heat off during the day most days this week.  I love Spring weather for many reasons especially the gas and electricity savings.


I'm sorry I don't have many photos this week due to me being unwell.

Lemon slice
Images to use on men's cards
Fridge magnets I made last week.
Wedding anniversary roses from Darren
My new business card for my blog.


What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?

No comments:

Post a Comment