Friday, August 12, 2016

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 13th August 2016

My frugal list this week is quite short due to all the comings and goings happening here.  I'm suprised I had anything to share as I don't know where my week has gone.  It got to Friday and I was picking up another box of tiles for my kitchen when the supplier said "  It's the end of the working week '.  I had to stop and think what day it was.  Where did the time go ?

This week we saw our bamboo flooring installed on Wednesday.  Thursday the stone bench top went in and the plumbing was connected.  We all stayed up very late to empty the three bedrooms ( except the bed ) and lounge room for the carpet to be laid on Friday.  We've packed up our entire home and moved the contents around from room to room as needed and Darren has almost completed installing new skrtings throughout every room except the bathrooms.

We can see the home stretch before us.  Next week the tiler will come and lay the soft apple green tiles for the splashback.  We are hoping our second wall oven will be made shortly.  If we have enough strength after all this,  we might be able to pick up a paint brush and paint the cornices in the kitchen.  The walls will have to wait until later.

Here's what we managed to do this week

*  Gratefully received four avocados from a friend.  Darren and Jessica are very happy about this.

*  With all the packing and unpacking of our house contents because of the renos,  we've been sorting as we go.  I came across quite a few empty envelopes which I cut up to use in card making.  I'm getting quite a stash.

*  Continued to have the heater off for extended periods of time with tradies coming and going and Darren working hard on the new skirtings.

*  Saved lots of shower water for the washing machine.  I did less loads of washing and hand washed the dishes (in the laundry sink ).

*  Took another bag of unwanted items to Savers and received a discount stamp.  I'm sure the staff there either think we're hoarders or we have nothing left in our home.

*  Lined our bathroom bins with bread bags.

*  I've now put all the food back into the pantry.  In my old pantry I had a couple of hooks to hang plastic bag holders.  I didn't want to do this with my new pantry.  I found a large cereal container out in my shed ( bought form Savers a little while ago ) and used that to store supermarket bags in to reuse. The container in now kept under the kitchen sink.

*  Gratefully received two moisturisers from a friend

*  Refilled the foaming hand soap in the kitchen and one bathroom.  I used diluted shower gel and water..

*  Mended a couple of socks.

*  Picked a head of broccoli and some silverbeet for a couple of meals.

*  Fed the chickens some grass and weeds.

First meal in the new kitchen - chicken pasta bake
New bamboo flooring
The view from our bedroom door
The family room.  Can you find Princess ?
New carpet
The dining room

I'd love to see your frugal lists for the week.  I'm sure you accomplished far more than I did.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment