Friday, June 3, 2016

This Week's Frugal Tasks 4th June 2016

This week has been a busy one. I'm suprised I got any frugal tasks completed.  Our new kitchen and appliances were picked out this week.  Next week I'll be picking out new carpet and floor boards.  Here's what else I got up to-

*  Gratefully received a hot water urn.  This came from a cleaning client who is moving house.  I've always wanted one of these but never got around to buying one.

*  Saved all the plastic wrapping  from Jessica's birthday flowers.  I'm very thankful that florists have changed from tissue paper to pretty patterned plastic wrap.  It's so much easier to save and can be reused a few times to wrap presents or flowers from the garden.

*  Cleaned the inside of the dishwasher with bi carb,  vinegar and Miracle Spray.

*  Had two extra days of work this week.  The money will go towards my future car purchase.

*  The family ate leftover freezer meals for one meal.

*  Picked silverbeet and lettuce from the garden to use in a couple of meals.

*  Filled up the car with petrol at $1.08 a litre just as it was going up everywhere else.

* Kept the heater off when possible by having the curtains wide open when the sun was shining.

*  Jessica had her birthday dinner at home instead of going out.  We had Krispy Fried Chicken,  roast potatoes and steamed veg for dinner.  Jessica isn't a big fan of cake so she asked for a watermelon cake.  For a birthday dessert treat I bought a box of Magnum icecreams on sale at half price.

*  Made some cranberry hootycreek biscuits using dough from the freezer.

*  Gratefully received a discount fuel docket in the mail.  Thankyou Tania.

*  Gratefully received some glass jars from a friend.

*  Made a batch of Miracle Spray after refilling all my spray bottles.  I never like to run low.

*  Refilled the foaming hand wash pumps with shower gel.

*  Saved lots of shower water and poured it into the washing machine.

*  Dried all the washing on clotheshorses over the ducted heating vents. 

I'm sorry but I couldn't take any new photos this week except for Jessica's " cake ".


Jessica's watermelon birthday cake
Krispy Fried Chicken and relish
Making Miracle Spray
Cranberry hootycreek biscuits.
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?

No comments:

Post a Comment