Friday, September 4, 2015

This Week's Frugal Tasks 5th September 2015

This week has been a busy one.  I've worked four days this week with lots of time in the car.  Darren  had a very early starts each day as he's taken over the cooking in the church's cafe while the chef is on a well deserved holiday.
Not as much has been done around the house with frugal tasks,  but we are grateful for the life we lead.  When life gets busy we go outside to spend a few minutes watching the chickens pecking away or to have a little potter in the veggie garden.  We are truly blessed.

Here's what I managed to do -

*  Picked lots of lemons off our tree and juiced them for the freezer.

*  Picked some silverbeet to hide in my honey mustard chicken recipe.

*  Made another batch of soap.  I can't wait to try it.

*  Bought a large gift bag from the $2 shop.  It has images of vintage bikes and motorbikes.  I should be able to make up to 18 cards from the bag.

*  Sold some of our chickens eggs to friends.

*  We ate out of the freezer for two nights.  I'm still trying to make room for when legs of lamb come on sale.

*  Made some floral cards for the Cheapskates card swap using supplies I had on hand.

*  Filled up my car when petrol was $1.08

*  Gratefully received a cake from a friend for our wedding anniversary.

*  Turned the heater off for three days in a row ( during the day ).

*  I built up my stockpile by buying grocery specials of Pineocleen,  disposable gloves, and paper towel all at half price.

*  Bought boxes of chocolates for $6 ( half price ) to be given as presents.  My girls have been going to a few birthday parties lately.  These are parties where 60 - 140 people are invited.  When that many people are invited,  the present doesn't need to be expensive

*  Saved the washing machine water.  Dried a few loads of washing on the line and the rest on clothes horses.

*  Picked two big handfuls of snow peas from the garden and used some in a chop suey with our broccoli and silverbeet.  YUM  !!!

*  Gratefully received a bunch of parsley and some bok choy from a friend's garden.

*  Cooked from scratch every night except for our wedding anniversary ( 20 years ).  Darren and I went out to dinner in the city and the girls had a $3 pizza from the supermarket.  Everyone was happy.

Some cards for the Cheapskates card swap.
$2 gift bag to make cards from.
Flowers I learnt to make this week.
Cards for the cards swap.
I learnt to make a dress card this week.
Snow peas from our garden.
What did you do this week to save time,  money and energy ?

No comments:

Post a Comment