Friday, April 3, 2015

This Week's Frugal Tasks 4th April 2015

For the third year running,  Darren and I have had the pleasure of making our own hot cross buns. They are a labour of love but really worth the effort.  It was the highlight of our week.  Here's what else we got up to -

*  Sorted out the freebies from the flower show and stored them in my garden shed.

*  Ripped up some school notices to use as note paper.  I bought a magnetic clipboard a few years ago from a $2 shop.  It came with a note pad but once I used it up I started using school notices.  It's the perfect size for a weekly shopping list or a  "To Do" list.

*  Washed the dishes by hand a few nights this week when there wasn't enough to put the dishwasher on.

*  Made a few more birthday cards.

*  Picked the first crop of lemons from our tree for this season.

*  Gratefully received two big Queensland Blue pumpkins from my friend Cath.  Megan has put her order in for pumpkin soup.

*  Picked 10 - 15 raspberries each day.

*  Bought a big bag of apples from the fruit and veg shop bargain table for $1.  There were about 15 - 20 apples in the bag and they all looked good.

*  Saved lots of warm up water and shower water for the washing machine.

*  Froze three serves of left over beef stew and two of tuna pasta bake.  I'll have to put freezer meals on the menu again as they keep piling up.

*  Darren and I made two dozen hot cross buns.  We've eaten some fresh,  some toasted under the grill and the rest are for the freezer.  Our freezer gets fed well doesn't it ?

*  Planted out the broccoli seedlings I've grown from seed.

*  Gratefully received some fruit salad, sandwiches and small desserts.

Freebies from the flower show
First lemons of the season.
$1 a bag apples.
My clipboard note pad.
Homemade hot cross buns.
Part of our Easter display
* What things have you done this week to save time,  money and energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment