Friday, May 27, 2016

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 28th May 2016

My frugal tasks list for the week doesn't have any big cook ups or major money busting jobs.  Instead I've spent a fair bit of the week looking at kitchens,  sinks,  door handles and bench tops.  Here's what I managed to get done in my free time -

*  Repaired a pair of Winter boots.  The soles were coming away from the upper.  So I used shoe glue to fix them.  I think they will last this year and next.

*  I went to the Cheapskates card making day and made 5 cards using what I had on hand.  I also gratefully received from the swap table - two mini stainless steel bowls I can use for cat food,  card embellishments,  card stock,  ribbons and Easter bags.  I also received a card making magazine with free stamps and a card making brochure.

*  Gratefully accepted some stickers someone left for me at church.  Thankyou.  They will be put to good use on my cards.

*  Lined both bathroom bins with bread bags.

*  Filled up my car with petrol at $1.08 per litre at a United petrol station.  At the moment they are about 7 cents a litre cheaper than the bigger petrol stations.

*  Dried the clothes on clothes horses over the ducted heating vents.  Only the bed sheets were put into the dryer.

*  Used a thermos to store boiling water in during the day.

*  Tried to keep to the two light rule whenever possible.

*  Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps and fed the chooks some slightly old watermelon.

*  Gratefully received more silverbeet from my Dad.

*  Made a batch of dried seasoned bread crumbs.

*  Cut up school notices and other used photo copy paper to use as note paper on my mini magnetic clip board.

*  Gratefully received a fuel docket in the mail.  Thankyou Tania.

*  Found two more standby lights to turn off.  They were in the girl's bedrooms and I don't think they've noticed.

*  Gratefully received an envelope of card making stickers from my Cheapskate friend Chelsea.  Thankyou.


Lettuce ready to pick.
Daisies in the garden
Lots of rosemary
Making seasoned bread crumbs

What's on your frugal task list for this week ?

No comments:

Post a Comment