Friday, May 8, 2015

This Week's Frugal Tasks 9th May 2015

I've had another well rounded week this week.  It was great to get out the sewing machine to make a few things for my home.  Here's my frugal list for the week -

*  Picked lots of lemons from our tree and blessed a friend with some.

*  I cut up some bath towels that looked dirty in the middle section.  From the two towels I was able to make six hand towels.

*  A week or so ago I bought a length of cream damask type material from the op shop for $1.99 ( less discount ).  From that material I was able to make a table runner for our dressing table,  a smaller one for the dining table and two squares to go under our lounge room lamps.

*  Blanched and froze lots of broccoli for future meals.  I also cut up the stalks and froze to put in casseroles.

*  Bought a few more sheets of the beautiful rose wrapping paper for $1 each to make more cards.  When Father's Day comes around I'll be looking for suitable wrapping paper to make men's cards.

*  Gratefully received some bread, mini desserts,  foccacias, teabag samples, 

*  Blessed some family and friends with loaves of bread that was given to us. 

*  Ate a few meals from the freezer ( leftovers ).  I'm desperately trying to make more space in the freezer to store food for Darren's 50th birthday next month.

*  Saved lots of water from the shower for the washing machine.

*  Picked lettuce and silverbeet from our veg garden.

*  Made some gift tags with bits and pieces I had on hand.

*  Dried most of the washing on clothes horses over ducted heating vents. 

*  Made a quadruple batch of Cranberry Hootycreek Biscuit dough.  Some of the dough was made into biscuits for Mother's Day presents.  The rest of the dough was frozen into logs for future baking.

*  Picked flowers from the garden to brighten up our home.

Towels made into hand towels.
Blanching and freezing the broccoli.
A runner for our dressing table.
Hand made gift tags
Our lemons.
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?

No comments:

Post a Comment