Friday, November 18, 2016

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 19th November 2016

Lots of frugal tasks were completed this week and I made more progress with my Christmas shopping.  I only have a few more items to get plus a couple of bits and pieces for our stockings.  Here's my frugal list for the week -

*  Froze three single serves of leftover beef stew.

*  Made two chocolate cakes at the same time.  One was for us and the other was for a church morning tea.

*  Juiced some lemons and picked the last of the lemons off our tree.

* Made a batch of pita chips for snacks.

*  Sewed a button on a pair of 3/4 jeans.  The stud had fallen off leaving a hole so I sewed up the hole too.

*  Gratefully received a collection of buttons from a friend. Her mother had been collecting them over the years and they were sorted into colors in each container.

*  Made a bottle of air freshener.

*  Picked a bunch of roses from the garden for our kitchen. 

*  Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.

*  Fed weeds,  silverbeet and grass to the chickens to vary their diet.

*  Line dried most of the washing.

*  Saved the washing machine and shower water.

*  Stayed at home as much as possible to save on petrol.  When I did go out I combined errands.

*  Sold a few more items in my Etsy shop.  I've sold all the Christmas hand towels so now I'm busy making more.

*  Jessica used a coupon for 50% off labour on her car service

*  Listed all of Jessica's and Megan's school text book on various FB pages.  I've already sold one book.

*  Stocked up on scented candles on sale in Spotlight.  They were a bargain at $1.99 but with a further 30% off, they are an amazing bargain.  Teamed up with a vintage saucer or plate from Savers, they make a delightful gift for under $5.  Normally you'd pay about $20 in a gift shop.

      
In the garden


One of our standard rose bushes in bloom

A frugal yet pretty gift

Pansies

Chocolate cakes

Flowers for my kitchen from the garden

Each chicken lays a different colored egg.


How did you save time,  money and energy this week ?

No comments:

Post a Comment