Friday, November 11, 2016

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 12th November 2016

The days have gone quickly this week.  I've had two days of cleaning work.  I've also spent two days at our church sorting out toys for a community day coming up.  The rest of my week has been taken up with the usual household chores.  Here's what's on my frugal list for the week -

*  Rescued a half dead tomato plant from Bunnings for 50 cents.  After cutting off the dead bits and giving it a good drink of water all week,  it's looking much better.

*  Saved all the washing machine rinse water for each next load.  Saved the shower water for our pot plants and fruit bushes.  Poured drink bottle water into the watering can.

* Kept the heater off as much as possible.  With the changeable weather we're getting,  the heater is only put on every now and then.

*  Used a couple of Flybuys vouchers to get bonus points at Coles.

*  Sold two dozen eggs and lots of white choc and raspberry muffins to my cleaning client.

*  Mended holes in three socks.

*  Picked silverbeet from the garden for three meals.

*  Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps.

*  Picked up another fortnightly cleaning job this week.  I'm very grateful for the work and God is certainly supplying our needs.

*  Posted off a few Etsy sales from my shop.

*  Made a batch of double strength Miracle Spray.  I dilute it down to it's correct strength when filling up the spray bottles.

*  Made a creamed rice dessert and egg custard dessert using mostly ingredients that were given to us.  I'll be posting the recipes shortly.

*  Dried the washing on the line.  I'm so glad the weather has changed and I can put the clothes horses away ( most of the time )

      
From our chickens

Egg custard

Silverbeet from the garden

Sorting toys at our church

Toys boxed up and ready

Christmas hampers Darren has organised.

What was on your frugal list this week ?

No comments:

Post a Comment