Friday, July 29, 2016

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 30th July 2016

Hi everyone.  Well,  the house is a mess,  there are boxes everywhere and my kitchen has been packed up ready for demolition on Monday.  My new kitchen has been loaded onto the truck and is ready for delivery.  So exciting !!!  Please excuse my short frugal list this week.  As you can imagine I've had very full days.  I've also been working on some blog posts for the next couple of weeks.  Here's what else I got up to -

*  Froze two single serves of leftovers.

*  Closed the heating vents and doors in my girl's bedrooms when they weren't home.  Turned their power points off too.

*  Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.

*  Picked up some paint swatches ( cards ) from Bunnings to use in my card making.

*  Filled up the dish washing detergent bottle and diluted the liquid.  I noticed the pump was starting to break.  I found a replacement out in my garden shed.  I keep a bags of spare bottles,  pumps and spray bottles as I never know when I'll need them.

*  Made a pot of soup for dinner one night using chicken stock I'd made in the slow cooker.  The chicken carcass used was from the catering job back in May.  I think I still have another 8 - 10 carcasses left in the freezer.  They make a very cheap meal.

*  We started running out of cardboard boxes for packing up our kitchen,  bookcases and fragile items.  Bunnings was a great source of free boxes.

*  When Jessica was packing up her room,  she found a pile of envelopes.  I cut them up ready to use to make some cards.

*  Saved the shower warm up water for the washing machine.  Saved the washing machine water for each next load.  Saved water from the kitchen tap ( washing hands etc ) to rinse and soak the saucepans.

*  Picked the first broccoli head of the season from our garden.  Very yummy indeed.

*  Made a batch of gravy powder.

*  Gratefully received a fuel discount docket in the mail.  Thankyou Tania  xoxo.

*  Made lots of cards to sell to a friend.

My temporary kitchen.
Trying to have everything I'll need for two weeks
Making the most of under the dining table
Our broccoli
More boxes
Card making

What did you do this week to save time,  money and energy ?

No comments:

Post a Comment